Toyota Le Mans 2012

Collapse
X

• Filtrar
  • Time
  • Mostrar
Clear All

• Originally posted by FastPeter View Post
    Informo que a EuroSport 2 está a dar a qualificação em directo.
    Não tenho EuroSport 2 :(. Estou a seguir no site oficial o live timing.

Comentar

• Bem, costumo ficar alguma horas colado a ver Le Mans... mas este ano vai ser diferente! :) finalmente está a chegar a hora que todos ansiávamos! :fixe
      Um podium já seria porreiro para a estreia!

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 12:31 AM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 12:17 AM ----------

Audi domina treinos livres das 24 Horas de Le Mans - Autosport.pt

Comentar

• Foi uma boa qualificação,o mais importante foi rodar e fazer kms e claro evitar despistes ou acidentes.
        Infelizmente o carro nr8 teve um problema no motor ao fim de 5 voltas, com um principio de incendio que foi rapidamente controlado mas que originou uma troca de motor.
        Mas no geral não estamos longe da Audi,para um carro que so roda ha 5 meses acho que as performances são muito boas sobretudo quando o adversario se chama Audi e tem mais de 10 anos de experiencia em lemans.

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 04:25 AM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 04:16 AM ----------

Originally posted by kiling View Post
        Para quem esta no estrangeiro (como eu...) Eurosport 2 em directo no Tvdez.com - ESTADIOFUTEBOL.COM
        Eu utilizo o Eurosport player, 3.90 euros por 1 mes e posso seguir a corrida 24h non stop sem intervalos em frances ou ingles,e claro tem a vantagem de seguir a corrida mesmo fora de casa com um smartphone ;)

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 04:29 AM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 04:25 AM ----------

Mans, Qualif 1 : Drivers Quotes

June 14, 2012

Car #7 (Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre, Kazuki Nakajima)
        Free practice: 5th (3mins 28.421secs), 53 laps
        Qualifying 1: 4th (3mins 27.191secs) 25 laps

Alex Wurz: “It’s just the first day so it’s difficult to draw too many conclusions. Free practice went reasonably well for us and qualifying too. I had to end the session a few minutes early, before I finished my long run, due to a systems glitch but that is not a major issue. Generally we are on target for where we expect to be. There is still a bit of a gap to the fastest cars but for our first time in Le Mans we can be really happy so far.”

Nicolas Lapierre: “We decided to push a bit when there was still some light on the track. We did quite a good lap, although I had a bit of traffic in the last sector and I made a little mistake on the last corner. I think it was a good first shot. We can still work on the set-up and it’s positive we had both cars running throughout qualifying so we get a lot of data. Tomorrow we have a lot of time to think about what changes we can make to improve the lap times for the remainder of qualifying. We need to keep working and focus on that.”

Kazuki Nakajima: “It was the first time for me to try a night session and actually it was quite tricky with a lot of traffic and a dirty track. It was also difficult to switch on the tyres. But I think it has been a good start in general and Nico did a good lap time. Now we can work on improvements for tomorrow. The team at TMG has worked so hard to get two cars ready for this week so I hope we can give something back during this weekend.”

Car #8 (Stéphane Sarrazin, Anthony Davidson, Sébastien Buemi)
        Free practice: 6th (3mins 30.162secs), 5 laps
        Qualifying 1: 6th (3mins 28.295secs), 26 laps

Stéphane Sarrazin: “I had a good feeling today. This session was important to me because these were my first laps since Le Mans last year. Due to the issue in practice, I had to start with a night run so I tried to find my rhythm gradually and take it step by step. I was able to set good lap times quickly so I am satisfied. The handling of the car feels good and that means I can push. We still have some details to improve, including the balance but the car is already efficient and I think we can go faster.”

Anthony Davidson: “I had a lot of traffic tonight. I know drivers often say that after a qualifying session but this time it really hurt my quickest lap. Anyway, overall this session was good and I have a positive feeling. We have improved the car since the test day; we have more grip and it is more consistent so that is a good sign. We have to optimise some points but it is getting better and better. Le Mans by night is still exciting so I am looking forward to final qualifying where I am sure we can improve our lap times.”

Sébastien Buemi: “I didn’t do so many laps but my first impressions are good. I made a good start and everything has gone well. I simply need to drive more tomorrow so I can get more laps on this circuit and increase my experience. It was nice to discover Le Mans at night; the atmosphere is really great. I was pleased to see the track is better lit than some others which helps a driver. Now we look forward to final qualifying; I think we are heading in the right direction.”

Le Mans, Qualif 1 : Drivers Quotes – TOYOTA Racing - FIA World Endurance Championship Team

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 06:09 AM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 04:29 AM ----------

Um entrevista ao Pascal Vasselon onde fala da equipa e da forma como encaram a corrida.

Q & A with Pascal Vasselon

After over a decade away Toyota returns to Le Mans in 2012 with a fresh bid for the outright victory that has eluded them at all previous attempts.

Ex-Formula 1 engineer Pascal Vasselon's team have taken a very different approach to Audi in shaping a car to the ACO's hybrid regulations, and the TS030 has shown considerable promise in testing.

While clearly very quick, the TS030 Hybrid has yet to prove itself in competition after the first chassis was damaged in a crash during testing, forcing Toyota to pull out of the Spa 6-hour enduro last month.

Q. You haven't had a great deal of testing with this car. What programme will you be working through during the practice sessions?

Pascal Vasselon: Our plan is nothing unusual, I would say. There are the normal things we have to work through, like qualifying all the drivers, making sure they have all done enough laps at night. We have to install a few spare parts and make sure everything will work fine in case we have to change any pieces of bodywork during the race. One of the main targets is to develop our set-up, because we had a day of testing a few days ago and although we did well, we found a few things that needed to be corrected. We have quite a lot of set-up activity ongoing.

The weather will dictate when we go for the qualifying runs. We want to show that we are there even though qualifying has little importance at Le Mans.

We also have a lot of tyres to evaluate, thanks to the weather. This will be a big job: we have several tyre specs, and we have to find the temperature limits of the slicks as well as the transition between wets, intermediates and slicks. We have plenty of work to do, especially with the conditions predicted to be changeable.

Q. How much development have you done on the hybrid system in terms of wet- weather performance?

PV: Fortunately - or unfortunately – we've done quite a lot of work in the wet. At Le Castellet we had several days of rain. So we have some experience in terms of reliability as well as performance.

The hybrid system works better in the wet than it does in the dry. Why? Because in the dry the braking events are shorter. In some places we don't recover the full 500 kilojoules [permitted by the regulations]. In the wet the braking events are longer because of the lower grip, so we can recover more energy and boost more within the restrictions of the rules.

Q. Can you release the energy at the same time as you would in the dry, though?

PV: By the regulations, yes, but technically you can only transmit what the tyres can take, so for sure with less grip you stay tyre-limited longer. You have to wait, maybe 50 metres later. But the impact on performance is minimal because you are releasing the energy of the combustion engine first and then the electric power. It's based on what the tyres can take.

Q. Unlike Audi you've chosen to do the energy recovery and redeployment through the rear wheels. Did you do that for reliability or weight distribution reasons?

PV: We are using only one set of driveshafts which do everything – combustion engine, energy recovery, energy deployment. We did test with a system at the front of the monocoque. We made the decision because of packaging – it was easier to package the engine and the gearbox. Globally it was a lighter solution, so even with the weight at the rear it freed up the possibility of putting some ballast at the front. Also there is less friction and rolling resistance when you have fewer driveshafts. For all these reasons the decision was clear for us to make the installation in this way.

Q. What made you choose super-capacitors rather than a flywheel system or batteries?

PV: It's power density. For this kind of system it was important to be able to charge and discharge quickly. We were not looking for storage – it's not like an EV car where you're relying on the power for 100 kilometres or more. You're charging under braking, waiting a few seconds and then releasing it again. So you need a storage system with the best power but low weight, and that is the power density. We did many studies and found that a capacitor was the best device – but we expect that soon the battery will become the best option. At the moment you need more battery weight for the same power.

Q. How reliable are the capacitors?

PV: We will not have to change them – hopefully!

Q. The Audi drivers say their system is quite subtle and it can be hard to know whether it's working or not. What do your drivers say?

PV: Our hybrid system is more powerful. Our drivers – you cannot not notice it, there is a really big boost. But they complain that when they are out of the boost, there is nothing left!

Q. Is it possible to run purely on the electric system, say if you wanted to save fuel while running behind the safety car?

PV: We can do what we want with it. In testing we have brought the car back to the pits on electric power after running out of fuel. Obviously here it would depend on where it happened! We have options to use it for pure performance, or to drive to a certain laptime, or to save fuel. It depends what scenarios we encounter during the race.

Q. With having the hybrid system working through the rear, are there any implications for tyre wear?

PV: It was one of the difficulties of the packaging we chose, but we are very good at managing the tyres. We were quite surprised at Le Castellet about how long we were able to run on one set of tyres. It's a strong point.

Q. Why did you choose petrol for the combustion engine rather than diesel?

PV: That's a good question! Historically, Toyota hybrids for the road car market are gasoline hybrids. The decision was made to be in relation to the road car concept.

Q. The Audi diesels have had a reduction in on-board fuel capacity for this year. Was that the result of some negotiations behind the scenes with the ACO about performance balancing?

PV: I would not talk in terms of negotiations – we are engineers. The intention of the ACO and the FIA is very clear, they want different technologies at Le Mans but they want them to be balanced. Not in terms of lap time – that's where the confusion comes from. If you talk about lap time you never reach a conclusion because lap time is about many things – aero, braking tyres – as well as the engine. The debate had to be reset. To move forward we had to engineer it better – if we want to balance the performance of the engines we had to look at acceleration. That's the process that's in place, it began last year, adjustments have been made and the process is still going on. For me it's not a negotiation, the intention is clear: the two technologies should offer the same power, let's measure it and adjust it if necessary. There is no place for lobbying.

Q. Is it your intention to go for pole position?

PV: We will try to do well – we want to show that we are here. Pole position would be nice. We are going to do our best, so long as it doesn't detract from the other work we need to do. It will be a nice game. We have so many choices because all our drivers are able to qualify the car, and we haven't made the decision yet.

Q. At this stage in the car's development, what can you realistically expect to achieve in the race? How long can you run for?

PV: We have had issues in the test sessions and we've been working hard to fix them. We've fixed the known issues but we have not done the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and that's the next step. You can do endurance sessions anywhere in the world but Le Mans is very specific.

Q. You've got some operational support from ORECA. Who will actually be making decisions on the pit wall?

PV: The race operation is heavily supported by ORECA and we're very happy with that. You will find a mixture of people but the spine of the race engineering is ORECA. You have different decisions to make during the race and there is a process for each of them. If an immediate decision has to be made, that is the responsibility of the car's race engineer. For strategic decisions where we have more time available, for instance which tyres to fit for the next stint, I will be involved in that. Higher level decisions will go through the team management. We have a great level of integration – car seven's race engineer is from ORECA, car eight's is from Toyota Motorsport. The number one mechanics are the other way around. We are one team rather than two.

Q & A with Pascal Vasselon - Le Mans news - AUTOSPORT.com
        Last edited by martins; 14-06-2012, 05:28 AM.

Comentar

• No que toca a top speed a toyota continua em primeiro,mas nota-se que o carro nr8 deve estar com um set-up com mais carga aerodinamica.

Toyota #7 332.1 km/h
          Audi #4 331.1 km/h
          Audi #3 330.1 km/h
          Toyota #8 325.2 km/h
          Audi #1 325.2 km/h
          Audi #2 325.2 km/h

Comentar

• Gostei da entrevista ao Pascal Vasselon.
            Sendo assim os Toyota parecem aguentar extremamente bem os pneus, e ontem na EuroSport 2 comentavam que o tanque de combustível do Toyota, mesmo que gaste mais que os Audi dá para mais 2 ou 3 voltas ao circuito. É de prever que os Toyota parem menos vezes durante a corrida.

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 12:29 PM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 12:16 PM ----------

Alta Resolução 2.500×1.667:
            http://blog.toyota.eu/wp-content/upl...6/PS519751.jpg

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 12:43 PM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 12:29 PM ----------

Pelo que vi os Audi R18 Ultra têm um tanque de 65litros, os Audi R18 e-tron quattro têm um tanque de 58 litros e os Toyota têm 73litros

Acho que cada volta gasta +- 5 litros de combustível... 15 litros a mais, dificilmente dará mesmo as 3 voltas a mais, mas 2 voltas a mais entre reabastecimentos deve dar.

Comentar

• Acho que cada volta gasta +- 5 litros de combustível... 15 litros a mais, dificilmente dará mesmo as 3 voltas a mais, mas 2 voltas a mais entre reabastecimentos deve dar.
              Lá poupadinho é o gajo ;)

lol toyota na vanguarda dos consumos! :fixe

Comentar

• Começou a pouco a nova qualificaçao... quem quiser ver no eurosportplayer existe um codigo promocional por 1mes "lemans2012".:p

Comentar

• Originally posted by kiling View Post
                  Começou a pouco a nova qualificaçao... quem quiser ver no eurosportplayer existe um codigo promocional por 1mes "lemans2012".:p
                  Novamente, para quem tiver MEO, a EuroSport 2 está a transmitir em directo com comentários portugueses

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 08:01 PM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 06:59 PM ----------

A ideia que me fica é que os Toyota ainda são carros muito verde com bastante evolução pela frente.
                  Há boas indicações para a corrida e a chuva pode vir baralhar tudo, mas vai ser complicado bater os Audi.

Comentar

• Originally posted by FastPeter View Post
                    Novamente, para quem tiver MEO, a EuroSport 2 está a transmitir em directo com comentários portugueses

---------- Mensagem adicionada em 08:01 PM ---------- Mensagem anterior em 06:59 PM ----------

A ideia que me fica é que os Toyota ainda são carros muito verde com bastante evolução pela frente.
                    Há boas indicações para a corrida e a chuva pode vir baralhar tudo, mas vai ser complicado bater os Audi.

vai começar as 21 de novo en directo a qualificação.
                    pode consultar aqui EUROSPORT Horário TV 14-06-2012 - Consumer Site

Comentar

• Ao vivo na net...

Watch Live Eurosport Online Video TV - TV Show

Live Timing:

LeMans TV Live

Comentar

• Excelente qualificaçao o ts030 hy nr8 parte do 3 lugar a apenas 1 segundo do Audi e-tron, para um carro com 5 meses é uma pequena vitoria mas a corrida ser longa e terminar as 24h ja sera um bom resultado.

Comentar

• Martins não é do 2º Lugar???

O carro nº8 fez 2ªlugar e o carro nº7 fez o 4ºlugar, superou todas as expectativas... aposto que a malta da Audi menosprezou o ts030, foi uma superpresA para muita gente, inclusive para mim!!! :p

Comentar

• O Martins está correcto, os Toyotas ficaram com o 3º e 5º lugar para a partida. Na qualificação que terminou agora ficaram em 2º e 4º, mas o que conta são os melhores tempos do conjunto de ambas as sessões de qualificação (e esta foi a segunda). E por isso é que o Toyota irá partir de 3º.

Vamos agora a ver como se aguentarão na corrida.

Comentar

• Originally posted by jmaclane View Post
                              O Martins está correcto, os Toyotas ficaram com o 3º e 5º lugar para a partida. Na qualificação que terminou agora ficaram em 2º e 4º, mas o que conta são os melhores tempos do conjunto de ambas as sessões de qualificação (e esta foi a segunda). E por isso é que o Toyota irá partir de 3º.

Vamos agora a ver como se aguentarão na corrida.
                              Obrigado Maclane! escapou-me esse pormaior!

Comentar

• Não pude ver a ultima sessão de qualificação, mas 3º lugar parece-me muito bom, sinceramente parecia-me algo difícil de alcançar.
                                Agora na corrida tudo pode acontecer. Espero que consigam fazer uma prova limpa sem incidentes de maior.

O Anthony Davidson diz que o carro tem mais potencial em condições de corrida do que em qualificação.

Os Audi da frente são os Ultra ou os E-Tron? ainda não encontrei nada.

Comentar

Em processamento...
                                X